Madis Päts - attorney-at-law, partner
Madis Päts has more than 20 years of experience in advising clients in different legislative areas related to entrepreneurship. In addition to advising, Madis acts as a representative of clients in negotiations, formalities before the authorities, litigation, civil and administrative cases and other institutions. Madis is a valued specialist in contract-related matters and he undertakes to mitigate all risks for the client.
As an advocate, Madis is primarily focused on business and transaction law, matters concerning intellectual property and various, mainly enterprise-related, administrative law areas.
For years, Madis has also been engaged in consulting large corporates in governmental relations and participated repeatedly as an expert in preparing and commenting on several draft legislations (Advertising Act (1997), new wording of the Advertising Act (2008), Tobacco Act (2005), Media Services Act (2010), etc.).
Estonian, Russian, English and Finnish.
– 1996 The University of Edinburgh, Faculty of Law, British Council European Young Lawyers Scheme
– 1994 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law (cum laude)
– 1992 University of Helsinki, Faculty of Law and State Science Faculty, exchange student
– 2004 Luberg & Päts law office – sworn advocate, partner
– 1995 HETA law office – lawyer-consultant, clerk of sworn advocate, sworn advocate
– 1994 Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, legal department, office of international contracts – assistant adviser
Membership and activity in professional organisations
– 2012 member of the domain dispute committee of Estonian Internet Foundation
– 2010 member of the management board of the Estonian Bar Association
– 1995 Estonian Bar Association
– 2014 member of the welfare society of Tallinn Secondary School of Science
– 2013 member of the welfare society of Tallinn Downtown Basic School
– 2013 member of the administrative council of Pirita City District
– 2007 member of the welfare society of Tallinn Secondary School of Science
– 1997 founder and member of the Council of Elders (Lieutenant in reserve) of the Estonian Reserve Officers’ Association
– 1988 Vironia student society